Do you want a job that offers diverse work? Are you looking to accelerate your career?
Stutsman Logistics, Inc. is one of the fastest growing freight brokerage firms in the country and we are looking for a talented individual to grow with us!
Who We Are:
Our company is rooted in service and backed by 89 years of transportation expertise. Therefore, our diversity and stability ensures we're here for the long haul. We strive to empower our employees to accomplish their goals and grow in their career alongside us. As practices, equipment, and technology continue to advance and shift, we can guarantee that exceptional service still defines who we are today and drives us to exceed expectations.
About the Job:
As the Carrier Manager, you will participate in department processes such as the selections, qualifications, and performance evaluation of carriers on an ongoing basis. This role will provide you with the opportunity to utilize your skills to develop transportation solutions in conjunction with carriers that play an integral part in generating revenue opportunities for the overall success of the business.
The Carrier Manager is a full-time salaried position, located at our Cedar Rapids office and reports directly to the Manager of Carrier Development. The typical work schedule is 40 hours weekly, with occasional on-call hours on a quarterly basis as needed.
- Complete daily position processes such as entry and update of load data, check calls, carrier communication, and proper handoff for load success
- Procure reliable carriers that meet customer load requirements to move freight while utilizing negotiation tactics to obtain the best rates and services
- Ensure proper execution on freight by communicating equipment, service, and other requirements to carriers
- Utilize computer systems, standard processes, and company programs to increase throughput and strengthen carrier relationships
- Maintain well-organized materials, files, and system data that allows work to be broken down into logical steps to help better anticipate and eliminate roadblocks and delays
- Conduct work efficiently using time-management skills to quickly accomplish tasks in their allotted time, making sure that work is completed in its entirety with follow-up plans and necessary documentation
- Ability to problem solve and determine alternative solutions when necessary, allowing for prompt completion of work
- Continually strive to deliver on results by maximizing load count and margin
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior experience in or knowledge of freight brokerage including but not limited to van, flatbed, refrigerate, intermodal, and/or bulk commodities
- High school diploma required; college education and/or equivalent in relevant work experience is preferred
- Experience with McLeod is preferred, but not required
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service using both written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management and personal organization abilities
- Ability to take initiative and have a solution-oriented mindset using analytical skills in the event of discrepancy
- Commitment to personal and organization growth and goals
- Strong attention to detail that can be seen by a high level of accuracy through work
- Ability to professionally interact and collaborate with others in a team-oriented environment
- Existing carrier base a plus
Benefits and More:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Cancer, and Critical Illness coverage
- 401K Retirement Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Assistance Program
- PTO, Paid Holidays, Volunteer Time Off, Paid Bereavement, Paid for Jury Duty
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Recognition
- Newly remodeled office
- Competitive pay
- Earn sick & vacation time on DAY 1!
If you're looking for a career that will both encourage and challenge you, apply today to learn more about this opportunity and to speak with our team!
Stutsman Logistics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing all qualified candidates an equal chance to gain employment, free of discrimination and harassment.