Are you looking for a CAREER you can be passionate about instead of just a job?
Stutsman Logistics, Inc. SLI in Cedar Rapids, Iowa is hiring for a Carrier Manager. In this role, you will utilize your skills to develop transportation solutions for customers that play an integral part in generating revenue opportunities. Primarily, serving for success by seeking out and establishing & maintaining relationships with new carriers. The position will be based out of the Stutsman Logistics, Inc. office in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Carrier Manager Responsibilities:
- Seek out and establish relationships with new carriers.
- Dispatch carriers on freight opportunities that returns value to the carrier, the customer, and Stutsman Logistics, Inc.
- Interface with customer facing team members to identify markets where additional carrier capacity is needed.
- User capacity sourcing software to locate carriers matching specific Stutsman Logistics, Inc. lanes.
- Create carrier profiles and lane preferences in the Stutsman Logistics, Inc. operating system for new carriers.
- Record carrier info and pricing options on shipments to be covered.
- Coordinate safe and timely pick-up and delivery of assigned shipments.
- Provide regular shipment status updates using Stutsman Logistics, Inc. operating system.
- Inform customer service of all issues that will impact on-time service.
- Solicit and convey carrier pricing options with the sales team as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Carrier Manager Requirements:
- Desire to establish a career in the transportation and/or logistics industry.
- 2 years of experience in carrier sales are preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and self-discipline.
- Ability to work with other members of the team.
- Ability to be on call a needed.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Standing and/or walking.
- Repetitive tasks in a fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time position that offers a generous compensation and benefit package with the opportunity for advancement.
Who We Are:
Stutsman Logistics, Inc. is one of the fastest-growing freight brokerage firms in the USA, with plans to grow significantly over the next five years. Every day you come into work you are entering a competitive and engaging work environment. We recognize what you give to make that happen. That is why we recognize those who go the extra mile and celebrate our victories as a team! Our success is a testament to our remarkable team and what we're building together! We are committed to employee success and have established a STRIVE culture that supports personal and career development in a fun, casual and collaborative environment in brand new offices.
There's never been a more exciting time to get on board!
To Serve for Success
CORE VALUES: S-T-R-I-V-E
Set the Bar Higher
Take the Lead
Stutsman Logistics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer